NZBIO is a vibrant member-based organisation focused on growing New Zealand’s prosperous bioeconomy. With hundreds of individual and corporate members from across agbiotech, human health, industrial and environmental and food bioscience, NZBIO plays a leading role in providing practical support for companies to grow.
NZBIO’s activities include member events, seminars and conferences, policy advocacy, national and international outreach and promotion.Our membership base ranges from start up bioscience companies, to mature corporates and major multinationals. We also represent New Zealand research institutes and universities, specialist service professionals, corporate, institutional, individual and student members from New Zealand and around the world.
Workshop: Strategic Risk Communication for Bioscience Leaders
NZBIO has partnered with Asia BioBusiness and the Centre for Risk Communication Australasia to bring you a specialist two-day workshop to help your organisation manage and communicate risk. This will be run by Dr Andrew Powell and Dr Andrew Roberts from ABB, and Dr Carl Ramage from CFRCANZ. The focus of the workshop is strategic risk management, and the topics covered will include:
- Controversy management
- Strategic risk communication
- Risk communication policy & training.
This is scheduled on the 23rd - 24th May 2013 in Auckland. Further information can be found at the event page.
New Zealand Engineering Excellence Awards Open
Entries for 2013 NZEE Awards are open now.
Awards are presented in three categories:
- Awards Recognising People, that recognise leadership, innovation, entrepreneurship and our young engineers’ and technologists’ achievements
- Project and Product Awards, which recognise achievement in various industry areas including Chemical, Bio and Food.
- Practice Awards which recognise excellence in environmental practice, community engagement and engineering for safety.
The awards close on 1 July. Visit www.nzeeawards.org.nz for more information.